My favorite Web sites for information did not originate on the Web, but are extensions of two radio shows and one newspaper that I already frequently read or listen to.
First is National Public Radio's Web site at www.npr.org I was already a fan of the show's in- depth news stories and analysis, and the Web site offers more of the same. Some of the best features of the Web site are the Politics & Society section, which features stories about the latest, controversial or heated national debates. The Web site's Opinion section gives news analysis and commentary. The articles are informative, not sensational, and reflect ideas or points of view not previously heard. One example off the top of my head was a story comparing veterans' benefits after WWII to benefits today.
Another Web site I go to is www.latimes.com When I'm too cheap to buy the paper, I can always log onto the Web site. I can read the daily stories as well as updated articles. Often times, I can read the next day's print stories online the night before. Also I am a fan of the Times' opinion section. Like NPR, the Times' also publish interesting op-ed pieces which provide a different perspective to current events which I have not heard before. Lastly, the Times' can be cumbersome paper to read, full of useless ads for a lot of junk I do not need or can't afford. Reading the paper online eliminates throwing away unwanted coupons.
My third, and probably one of my favorite Web sites is www.coasttocoast.com The Web site is the online version of Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. Art Bell is the guy to listen to for anything weird and bizarre such as UFOs, fringe science, ghosts, time travel, etc. It's the kind of show where you will hear theories about how aliens built the pyramids, or how the military used psychics to help find Saddam Hussein. No, I do not believe in everything on the Web site, but it's fascinating and entertaining. The Web site includes information on upcoming guests as well as links to Web sites explaining their wild theories. The site also has thousands of pictures that fans have taken of "ghosts", "aliens" and even "demons". The Web site is a lot of fun and a good substitute for one of the coolest radio shows I've ever heard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like to listen to Coast to Coast AM as well, but I haven't heard from Art Bell in a while. George Noory appears to be the current host of the show. I'm glad that I'm not the only person interested in the paranormal. Do you remember a television show called "Sightings?" In the Los Angeles media market, it was on the local Fox affiliate, but it eventually made its way to the SciFi Channel.
Post a Comment